St. George night life
Advance explores Waterfront
The Advance (AWE) writes in his online piece from March 8, 2007, titled
"On the Waterfront"
: ... "Stumbling off the ferry after a late night,
it's easy to miss St. George's charm. The wow-baby architecture. The
hyperactive waterfront. The bullish construction. The history in the
making -- and on the wall, literally.
I'm confused, so pardon me for taking apart this paragraph for a second:
"Stumbling off the ferry after a late night,"
- WHO stumbles off the Ferry (on the SI-side) AFTER a late night? I guess Islanders only. They usually go straight home.
"it's easy to miss St. George's charm."
- Which charm again?? Ah, the
- I understand: People are stumbling off the boat after partying in Manhattan to go sightseeing in Staten Island. Common thing. But then it's so dark at night and they can't see a damn thing so they miss the charming architecture. I see.
"The hyperactive waterfront"
- Yeah, right! Baaaaanging! Everybody always meets at the waterfront, day and night.
"The bullish construction."
- bumm badabumm, niiiiiiiiiice!
"The history in the making -- and on the wall, literally."
- What sort of history is in the making again, which wall again?
Advance article: http://www.silive.com/search/index.ssf?/base/awe-0/1173294010236430.xml&coll=1
Last Update 2007-03-09 | Copyrightę Christoph Mayer 2009